Poppies will thrive as a resilient community development and showcase for circular design.
Like the wild poppy, a pioneer species that thrives on challenging (urban) sites, Poppies will develop as a beautiful yet resilient community development. As a showcase for circular design, this experimental mixed-use development functions as a ‘Rainproof’ urban oasis – featuring an extensive roof garden and orchard – and a hub for upcycling and smart energy. An Open Building framework creates opportunities for residents to flexibly combine work and living, with a special focus on middle income rental properties and adaptable ateliers.
- Location Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Client Edwin Oostmeijer Projectontwikkeling BV
- Year 2018 - ongoing
- Status Under development
- Program Housing, Office, Commercial, Non-Profit Functions
- Project architect Eric Thijssen
- Team Marc Koehler, Mai Henriksen, Carlos Moreira, Satoru Muneda, Markus Freigang, Ana Marchidan, Jorn Beltman, Andrea Pellizon, Ilaria Cazzola
- Landscape architect BOOM Landscape
- Material use Super Use Studio
- Sustainability WE Adviseurs
- Smart-grid & Water Spectral